I’m working for a corporation in a highly competitive (stressful) industry and I work around 12 hours a day and sometimes weekends. Already overwhelmed with tons of work, today I was surprised by more work i.e. what my CEO wants. I just don’t know how to cope.
Just to keep myself being positive, I want to list down all the good things about working here.
- Everyone is jaded but everyone is nice and helpful, regardless. Everyone is in this together.
- When I organise events for the 1000+ staff, I get a lot of support and seeing them having a good time is priceless.
- I write key messages and design communication materials that (hopefully) all staff reads.
- When we do go out to eat together, we would order so much food and just have a good time.
- A guy at my floor is a graduate from culinary school so he brings homebaked cakes occasionally, it’s really good.
- The tea lady here sells fruits and snacks so we don’t have to go anywhere.
- I’m sitting at the best floor in the building. It’s the project management office and it’s always buzzing after 6pm.
- Ever since I was in university, I’ve wanted to work in the Central Business District.